- The main floor of the Library is open to NU employees and students and is accessible from 7am to 11pm every day.
- The second floor is open from 10am to 4pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Swipe your ID card to enter the building.
- If you need assistance, the building is staffed from 10am to 4pm, Monday through Thursday. Or contact us at https://niagara.libanswers.com/index.php.
Patron Health and Safety Guidelines
- Please maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Anyone able to medically tolerate a face-covering must cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in the building. Please dispose of face coverings in garbage containers.
- Prior to using your desk, keyboard, mouse, etc., please clean with a disinfecting wipe that can be acquired near the front entrance.
- Please clean your hands often and do not touch your face. Restrooms have soap and water. Disinfecting hand spray is located in the building.
- Please keep others safe and do not enter the building if you have experienced any of the following:
- Have knowingly been in close or proximate contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19.
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- Have traveled outside of the U.S. within the past 14 days or have traveled to/from any domestic destinations currently with a COVID-19 travel advisory, during the past 14 days.
If you are unable to enter the building, please contact us for remote assistance at https://niagara.libanswers.com or 716-286-8020.
Library Health and Safety Plan
- Employees complete a COVID health screening form prior to starting work.
- Employees practice social distancing and wear a face covering when interacting with patrons or other employees. Signage is in employee workspaces to remind them of COVID safety protocols.
- Employees wash or disinfect their hands prior to retrieving items from the shelf for patrons and wear a mask. The counter where materials are processed is disinfected several times per day, including at shift changes. Patrons are provided a wipe to disinfect objects staff hand them (for example, a pen, tape, ruler, etc).
- Books and DVDs returned are quarantined for 72 hours before being re-circulated. This is based on the recommendation of the Northeast Document Conservation Center.
- The University’s cleaning company, UG2, developed a program called “ReNew” specifically in response to the COVID-19 pandemic with a goal of providing a clean and healthy campus environment that mitigates the risk of infection.
- This safety plan will be revised as official guidance evolves. If you have questions about this Safety Plan, please contact David Schoen, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-286-8002.