Because we are reconfiguring for social distancing, the Library building is still closed. However, we are offering Lobby Pickup for current NU students and employees. The essence of what follows is that you are going to tell us what you need via a form, and a librarian will contact you to talk about how to best and safely meet your needs.
1. Use the Library Catalog to identify materials for pickup: http://niagara.spydus.com/ (textbooks labeled as "Reserve" are not available for checkout). The Library also provides access to nearly 600,000 Ebooks:
2. Tell us what you need via this form: http://niagara.libanswers.com/.
3. Depending upon when you contact us, it could take up to three days for your item to be ready, but our goal is 24-hour turnaround Monday through Thursday (or if we happen to be in the building already, even sooner).
4. A librarian will contact you to learn about your needs and to confirm when the item will be available for pickup. After that confirmation, you walk up stairs at the front entrance and swipe a valid NU ID card to enter the Lobby, where you will find a bag with your first name and last initial written on it (the "Lobby" is actually the vestibule between the outer door you open with your ID card and an inner locked door). Please let the librarian know if you need an alternative method of delivery. For example, if you are unable to traverse stairs.
5. Note that the entrance to the Library is two-sided, so there are two Lobby doors. The door closest to Gallagher is "B." The other door is "A." The librarian will tell you which door your bag is located in.
6. Please wear a mask on campus. In the unlikely event of queuing in the summer, please wait at least six feet away from the pick-up point and from other people or in your vehicle in the south parking lot.
7. If, for some reason, you can't leave your vehicle, arrange with a librarian to bring the item to you.
8. The Library Safety Plan is described below.
Your and Employee Safety is a Priority
1. Have knowingly been in close or proximate contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19
2. Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
3. Have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. According to CDC guidance, the term “symptomatic” includes employees who have the following symptoms or combinations of symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or at least two of the following symptoms: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills,muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
This safety plan will be revised as official guidance evolves.
Reviewed and Revised: June 15, 2020