(In parentheses are the databases in which they are most thoroughly displayed, and they are accessible via this NU Library link). However, you may search for additional titles using this link. You may also opt to browse using the term, "religion" to see which additional titles are available on this subject.
- The Journal of Religion and Health explores the most contemporary modes of religious and spiritual thought with particular emphasis on their relevance to current medical and psychological research. Taking an eclectic approach to the study of human values, health, and emotional welfare, this international interdisciplinary journal publishes original peer-reviewed articles that deal with mental and physical health in relation to religion and spirituality of all kinds.
Journal of Religion in Africa (EBSCOhost)
- Studies of the forms and history of religion on the African continent, with particular emphasis on sub-Saharan Africa and the relationships between Christianity and Islam in the region.
Religion and American Culture (JStor)
- Religion and American Culture discusses the nature, terms, and dynamics of religion in America, and explores the interplay between religion and other spheres of American culture.
Religion and the Arts (EBSCOhost)
- Religion and the Arts seeks to explore religious experience and expression in the verbal, visual and performing arts, in the context of contemporary theory and culture. While there exists a rich and varied scholarship on the religious dimension in the arts, Religion and the Artsencourages the development of new religious critical discourses, in order to explore neglected dimensions of art, and to open up new possibilities for the field.
Religion & Education (Taylor & Francis)
- Religious Education offers a forum for exploring religious identity, formation, and education in faith communities, academic disciplines and institutions, as well as in public life and the global community.
Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly (LexisNexis)
- This publication, owned by Advance Publications/Newhouse News Service, is the only secular news service covering religion and ethics exclusively.
Religion & Gender [Utrecht] (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- Religion and Gender is the first refereed international journal for the systematic study of gender and religion in an interdisciplinary perspective, and aims to publish high level contributions from the humanities and from qualitative and conceptual studies in the social sciences.
Religion & Literature (EBSCOhost)
- Religion & Literature is a scholarly journal providing a forum for discussion of the relations between two crucial human concerns, those being the religious impulse and the literary forms of any era, place, or language.
Religion & Theology (EBSCOhost)
- Religion & Theology publishes scholarly articles of high quality on religion, theology, and related fields. The journal pursues new ways of conceptualising religion, theology and academic religious discourse, as well as reflecting on new meaning-giving praxis. The journal functions as an international forum for contemporary religious discourse with an emphasis on new ways of understanding our multifaceted religious heritage and ourselves as ‘religious’ beings in this time of major change in world history.
Religion Compass (EBSCOhost)
- Unique in both range and approach, Religion Compass is an online-only journal publishing peer-reviewed survey articles of the most important research and current thinking from across the entire discipline. In an age of hyper-specialization, Religion Compass provides an ideal starting point for the non-specialist, offering pointers for researchers, teachers and students alike, to help them find and interpret the best research in the field.
Religion East & West (EBSCOhost)
- Religion East & West, the journal of the Institute for World Religions, approaches religion from a wide variety of perspectives, including doctrine, practice, ethics, history, biography and the relation of religion to other aspects of life. By welcoming voices from many spiritual traditions, the journal furthers the Institute’s mission of promoting interfaith understanding and trust.
Religion In Eastern Europe (EBSCOhost)
- the purpose of this journal is to provide a source for more in-depth analytic articles on religion in Eastern Europe, written by specialists in their respective domains. Recent issues have contained articles on church history, the role of religion in the wars of the ex-Yugoslav republics, and liberalism in the contemporary Russian Orthodox Church.
Religion, State & Society (Taylor & Francis)
- Religion, State & Society has a long-established reputation as the leading English-language academic publication focusing on communist and formerly communist countries throughout the world, and the legacy of the encounter between religion and communism.
The journal has now expanded its coverage to include religious developments in countries which have not experienced communist rule, and to treat wider themes in a more systematic way. The publication encourages a comparative approach, when appropriate, with the aim of revealing similarities and differences in the historical and current experiences of countries, regions and religions, in stability or in transition.
Religion Watch (EBSCOhost)
- Religion Watch is a newsletter monitoring trends in contemporary religion. For more than two decades, the journal has covered the whole range of religions around the world, particularly looking at the unofficial dimensions of religious belief and behavior.
Religion (Taylor & Francis)
- Religion publishes academic work on all issues of religious studies, including the history, literature, thought, practice, material culture, and institutions of particular religious traditions from a variety of perspectives, but excluding work that falls purely within the areas of theology or philosophy of religion.
Religions [SUI] (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- Religions is an international and interdisciplinary open access journal on religions and theology.